scriveyner: (Default - Edward)
[personal profile] scriveyner
Title: lengthening shadows
Fandom: Bungou Stray Dogs
Characters/Pairing: Akutagawa/Atsushi, Ranpo
Rating: M
Length: 301
Summary:



Atsushi was sitting under the beach umbrella on a towel and recovering from being on Dazai duty when he felt a small tug on the back of his hooded shirt. He glanced over to see a tiny Rashomon head that swiftly wrapped around his wrist, and after a brief, silent tug of war he got wearily to his feet. 

"Where are you going?" Ranpo said without opening his eyes, sprawled out on a towel under the umbrella as well. 

"Gotta, uh-" Atsushi blushed. "Take a leak." 

"You should just use the ocean like everyone else." Ranpo lolled his head and squinted his eyes at Atsushi, who hid his wrist behind his back. After a moment, Ranpo closed his eyes again and settled his head back on his crossed arms. "Have fun." 

With a relieved sigh, Atsushi trotted off, tugged impatiently by Rashomon. It didn't take long to find where he was headed - after all Akutagawa's ability only had a certain range - and after climbing over several low rocks Atsushi found him, nestled under a slight overhang and out of the sun. "Took you long enough," Akutagawa said. 

Atsushi let out a small huff. "Dazai-san kept throwing himself into the ocean with floaters loaded with sand, I'm very tired." 

Disappointment flickered on Akutagawa's face, the emotion almost too fast to catch. "I see." 

"Don't pout." Atsushi ran his foot along the sand, checking for rocks before he dropped to his knees. "I keep my promises, you know that." He rested his head against Akutagawa's thigh and closed his eyes for a moment. "I missed you." 

"I wasn't gone that long," Akutagawa said, sounding puzzled. Atsushi shook his head, letting out a small laugh as he pulled at the waistband of Akutagawa's swim trunks. 

"I know. Let's have some fun."

Profile

scriveyner: (Default)
historically inaccurate but well-meaning t-rex

Custom Text

Links